Types of Corporate and/or Personal Information
DataSelf collects corporate and/or personal information in support of its mission to inspire smart decision making. This corporate and/or personal information is collected through a variety of ways. For example, we collect corporate and/or personal information through the registration and use of our software components, whether downloaded or accessed through a cloud-based service. We also collect corporate and/or personal information when you use or visit DataSelf websites, attend a DataSelf hosted or sponsored event, or participate in a DataSelf community. We may receive your corporate and/or personal information if you are a DataSelf supplier or partner. We may also receive your information from third party partners. If you have other agreements with DataSelf, then those agreements control with regard to the subject matter they cover.
The type of information we collect will depend on your interactions with DataSelf. It may include:
Contact and Log In Information. Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords.
Payment Information. Credit card number, banking information and billing address.
Demographic Information. Employment status, occupation, region. On occasion, DataSelf may collect other demographic information, such as gender, race and age.
Registration Information. Product registration information, product interest information, transaction information. We may also collect registration information related to your attendance at DataSelf events, including travel info, scheduling information, food preferences or allergies, accessibility requests and others.
Usage and Geographic Data. DataSelf collects corporate and/or personal information related to your use of our products, services and websites so that we can analyse and improve. DataSelf may use aggregated, non-personally identifiable usage data for external training and marketing purposes. In some instances, DataSelf may provide administrative functionality that allows you to opt out of the collection of some usage data.
Third Party Data. We may receive your corporate and/or personal information from third party suppliers or partners. If you connect with DataSelf accounts on third party social networking sites, we may receive information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties. Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers and ad networks, may automatically collect information about you through our websites using cookies, Web beacons, and device identifiers, including corporate and/or personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications.
Images, Video and Recordings. Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by DataSelf. For example, if you attend a DataSelf event, your image may be captured in a photo or video.
If you decline to provide your corporate and/or personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Ways we Use Corporate and/or Personal Information
– Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
– Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
– Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
– Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
– Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
– Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by DataSelf and our selected partners;
– Link or combine information about you with other corporate and/or personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
– Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users; or
– Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
Sharing of Corporate and/or Personal Information
DataSelf works to keep your corporate and/or personal information confidential and secure, and does not sell your corporate and/or personal data. In some circumstances DataSelf may share your information with third parties, for example:
– We may share your corporate and/or personal information when we have your permission, including when you choose to share information using DataSelf Public or post to our community websites;
– We will disclose your corporate and/or personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your corporate and/or personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding the protection of the rights and property of DataSelf, our agents, or customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements.
Storage and Security of Your Corporate and/or Personal Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to help safeguard your corporate and/or personal information. However, you should know that no company, including DataSelf, can fully eliminate security risks associated with corporate and/or personal information. To help protect yourself, use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your DataSelf accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
Controlling your Corporate and/or Personal Information
Our marketing emails permit you to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
You may have the right, depending on which country you reside in, to ask us to provide a copy of the corporate and/or personal information we hold about you (provided that we may ask you for proof of your identity). You may also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your corporate and/or personal information or to ask us to delete it. We will consider these requests regardless of where you live.
In addition, if you are based in the EU and accessing our Sites, then you also have the right to ask us to:
– Confirm whether or not corporate and/or personal information about you is being processed;
– Provide you with details about how we process your corporate and/or personal information;
– Consider your valid objection to the processing of your corporate and/or personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
– Update or delete corporate and/or personal information which we hold about you;
– Restrict the way we process your corporate and/or personal information;
– Consider your valid request to transfer your corporate and/or personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability); and
– Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your corporate and/or personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at info@DataSelf.com. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our websites may use various software technologies including “cookies,” “web beacons” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. “Web beacons” or “Pixel tags” are small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on our websites from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
We partner with third parties who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our websites, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history.
How to contact us