Summary: Microsoft’s latest news of changes in its business intelligence roadmap is good for mid-market business intelligence buyers.
San Jose, January 28, 2009 — Microsoft’s latest news of changes in its business intelligence roadmap is good for mid-market business intelligence buyers, whose road to full-featured BI is now smoother than ever.
“It again validates our belief that the Microsoft BI platform is the winning path for the mid-market,” said DataSelf CEO Joni Girardi. “Back in 2003, our team bet that our Redmond partner would add great value to DataSelf’s initiatives and market—and they have lived up to our expectations.” DataSelf BI simplifies and amplifies Microsoft BI strengths.
Microsoft’s move will lower costs for high-end features, he explained, starting with improved security and report distribution. Overall, it will allow DataSelf BI to build in even more powerful features for growth-minded mid-size companies.
DataSelf BI provides out-of-the-box solutions for mid-size companies with over 1,200 must-have metrics, such as which customers are most profitable, which ones are rising fast, who’s been dropping off, which products to focus on and which to drop. For many mid-size companies, these predefined metrics are sufficient to monitor the efficiency of their operations. In other companies, non-technical users quickly adapt the out-of-the-box metrics.
DataSelf BI provides an easy yet powerful means to report or slice and dice business data. Its main benefits:
- An intuitive and user-friendly reporting solution. On average, managers can tackle 70% or more of their reporting needs without IT support.
- Managers easily see new possibilities. DataSelf BI delivers a virtual “consultant in a box” with its rich package of over 1,200 reports and KPIs, a comprehensive data warehouse and several OLAP cubes.
- Quick deployment at a fraction of the cost of the solutions from up-market BI vendors.
- Comprehensive set of BI functions such as KPIs, dashboards, forecasting, budgeting, operational reporting, financial reporting, commissions, analytics, data mining, data warehousing, OLAP cubes, SQL mirroring, balanced scorecards and business activity monitoring.
- Ready to plug into popular mid-market applications such as Microsoft Dynamics, Sage Accpac, SageCRM, Sage MAS 90, MAS 200, MAS 500, Sage PFW, Sage Pro, SalesLogix and Everest Software.
- Integration of Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server and SharePoint as optional features.
About DataSelf Corporation:
DataSelf provides user-friendly and high-end business intelligence (BI) solutions for mid-size organizations. Its headquarters are in the Silicon Valley.
DataSelf’s solutions have grown out of more than 10 years of experience providing best-practice, high-end reporting, data analysis and analytic solutions to mid-size organizations.
DataSelf simplifies and amplifies Microsoft’s BI solutions. DataSelf simplifies it by providing a comprehensive out-of-the-box solution to the most popular mid-market business applications, and by adding its own technology that eliminates most of the programming involved in typical Microsoft BI solutions. DataSelf amplifies MS BI by empowering each client with only the BI tools that they can benefit from the most, and by helping clients maximize their investment in BI as they become more sophisticated BI users.
Please visit www.dataself.com for more information.